Take me to the introduction of Vetsolutions
Take me to Vets information
Take me to Vet Nurses information





  • Overseas vets MUST check if their degree is recognised for eligibility to work in NZ.
    Refer  www.vetcouncil.org.nz
  • If eligible, you can contact the Vet Council of New Zealand regarding full registration on:

Phone:                      (64) 4 473 9600
Fax:                          (64) 4 473 8869
Email:  registration@vetcouncil.org.nz

  • Returning NZ vets need to be reminded to check their status also. 


  • Once degree eligibility is ascertained, locums will need to forward a CV and written references to me (refer CONTACT) and indicate availability.
  • Vacancies fluctuate all the time and it is important to get updates where possible.
  • While vehicles are usually provided with large animal positions, they are seldom supplied with small animal ones in New Zealand.
  • Clinics tend to be single storey buildings with no provision for accommodation for locums so you should not expect this to always be provided. Some practices however will assist with a degree of allowance for this.
  • Overseas vets must not only be registered but must also hold either a work permit or working holiday visa to legally work in NZ. 
    Refer www.immigration.govt.nz
  • It is essential also to check what insurance cover is offered by practices, eg professional indemnity, vehicle etc

  • My terms of business will be forwarded after initial contact.